Colour Match AC 320 (1971) DS
Raybies
< 100 berichten
Rank
Totaal aantal Berichten: 4

Gepost: 30 maart 2018 03:15 AM

Hello

I am respraying my DS and want to paint it in AC 320 Bronze (1971) I have ordered colour samples from Europe but the colour deosn’t look correct. Does anyone know if there is a current code for this colour.
Thanks
Ray Brown
Australia

Profiel  

ramrod
> 400 berichten
RankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Berichten: 432

Gepost: 31 maart 2018 07:21 AM
  [ # 1 ]

Niemand die deze vraag vanaf de andere kant van de wereld kan beantwoorden ...?

Profiel  

douwewytske
> 100 berichten
RankRank
Totaal aantal Berichten: 193

Gepost: 02 april 2018 08:44 PM
  [ # 2 ]

Why do you think the colour isn’t correct?
Are you sure the old paint on the car is the original one, maybe the car has been repainted before.

Profiel  

Citroensmgz
> 3000 berichten
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Berichten: 3539

Gepost: 02 april 2018 11:26 PM
  [ # 3 ]

Hi Ray:
Douwe has a point: If your current plaint is over 40 years old the colour has definitely changed over time, some colours are more prone to that then others.
In addition: Citroen used 4 paint suppliers, if you look at the round paint plate you find the AC number and 1 of 2 letter designating the paint manufacturer. It is known there were small differences between the paint suppliers.
If you search on the web for Citroen AC320 colour you ill find images of cars in AC320: If they look different then your car I would guess yours is repainted once in an approximate colour.

To err is human, not to err is divine.

Profiel  

Raybies
< 100 berichten
Rank

Gepost: 03 april 2018 08:06 AM
  [ # 4 ]

I am changing the colour from Scrabe Brun to AC320 Bronze so I dont have a sample of the AC320. I did see it on a DS several years ago in France and fell in love with the colour. The samples I have received dont match what I remember at all but the owner of the car I saw told me it was Bronze AC320.
I contacted the Citroen Museum and was told the paint manufacturer was Merville but I cannot find any reference to them on the internet. I have ordered another sample of AC320 from a different supplier and at least I can compare it to the one I have which will tell me how accurate the samples are. (its a bit expensive at AUD$50 a time)

Hooroo
Ray

Profiel  

Brun
> 200 berichten
RankRankRank
Totaal aantal Berichten: 213

- ID/DS DS 23 Pallas
Gepost: 03 april 2018 10:51 AM
  [ # 5 ]

Hi Raybies,

The color you’ve in mind, seen in France,
We’re talking about the same colour?

Is this similar to your samples? :

http://www.nuancierds.fr/AC 320 Bronze.htm

(Oh that’s strange, the copy-paste link doesn’t give a good link on the forum,
So, look at http://www.nuancierds.fr/danchorama.htm and klick the AC320)

DS23 Pallas, C5 Exclusive, Jumpy, BX19 GTi 16v, Acadiane, Saxo

“Zonder smering gaat alles naar de ter**g”

Profiel  

Penny Lane
> 11000 berichten
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Berichten: 11626

- Xantia TD SX
Gepost: 03 april 2018 07:03 PM
  [ # 6 ]

All colours for the D models are also available, with pictures, on this very forum Wink

Derk

Doneer, zo blijven we draaien! 
Een tip voor de kalender? Een bijdrage voor de voorpagina? Schrijf .(JavaScript moet ingeschakeld zijn om dit e-mail adres te bekijken)!

Profiel  

OB73
< 100 berichten
Rank
Totaal aantal Berichten: 76

- C5 Tourer 2.0 HdiF Confort
- ID/DS DS21 BVH '67 Pallas
Gepost: 03 april 2018 11:13 PM
  [ # 7 ]

Colours on computer screens (phones, tablets) may seem vivid but in fact almost all screens do a poor job at displaying colours correctly. The ones that are decent across the spectrum are expensive. Your chances improve with printed media, but if cars of the desired colour are few and far between I would definitely have colour samples sent to me, at least two from different suppliers and of decent size. After all, what is the cost compared to the cost of shipping the tins and spraying the car (twice)?
Admittedly, we have a few sets of colour samples for semi-bespoke yachts in our office and those still don’t quite match the finished surfaces.

Profiel  

Raybies
< 100 berichten
Rank

Gepost: 04 april 2018 01:07 AM
  [ # 8 ]
Brun schreef:

Hi Raybies,

The color you’ve in mind, seen in France,
We’re talking about the same colour?

Is this similar to your samples? :

http://www.nuancierds.fr/AC 320 Bronze.htm

(Oh that’s strange, the copy-paste link doesn’t give a good link on the forum,
So, look at http://www.nuancierds.fr/danchorama.htm and klick the AC320)

Yes That is close to the colour I saw, I will wait until I receive the next colour sample and see what it looks like.
Thanks for all your help
Hooroo
Ray

Profiel  

Raybies
< 100 berichten
Rank

Gepost: 04 april 2018 01:11 AM
  [ # 9 ]
OB73 schreef:

Colours on computer screens (phones, tablets) may seem vivid but in fact almost all screens do a poor job at displaying colours correctly. The ones that are decent across the spectrum are expensive. Your chances improve with printed media, but if cars of the desired colour are few and far between I would definitely have colour samples sent to me, at least two from different suppliers and of decent size. After all, what is the cost compared to the cost of shipping the tins and spraying the car (twice)?
Admittedly, we have a few sets of colour samples for semi-bespoke yachts in our office and those still don’t quite match the finished surfaces.

Yes I am aware that every computer screen may be adjusted differently so I am only using the internet photos as a guide. I will do as you advise and wait for the next sample I have ordered and compare with the one I have.
Thanks for your help
tot ziens
Ray

Profiel  

© Citroën-Forum 2003 - 2024 | adverteren
Facebook