citroen ds 1972 problems with interior heating
Mr.Rubins
< 100 berichten
Rank
Totaal aantal Berichten: 37

Gepost: 30 november 2019 09:29 PM

Hi, My Citroen DS 1972 Year have problem with interior heating. Heat go only on window and little on legs. but it did not go central. You can see in picture. I put arrows. I look all pipes seems ok. all is connected. no dust inside. when I push ventilator it blows air. But cant get to work that everywhere go only hot air. central ventilation grille blows only cold air. and passenger ventilation grille seems that it is not working. even cold air is not coming out. Where can be problem? Thanks in advance for answers!

Profiel  

citroen23
> 7000 berichten
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Berichten: 7274

- SM 2.7 carb
Gepost: 01 december 2019 08:49 AM
  [ # 1 ]

Can you place a picture ? as you promised yeah

Citroën SM: Ceci n’est pas une voiture…..c’est un art de vivre !!

history: BX gti (2x), BX sport, BX 16V MK2,Xantia 2.0 SX, DS23 pallas injection.

Profiel  

Mr.Rubins
< 100 berichten
Rank

Gepost: 01 december 2019 08:58 AM
  [ # 2 ]

Foto

Afbeelding Bijlagen
20191008_191456.jpg
Klik op de thumbnail om de hele afbeelding te zien
Profiel  

citroen23
> 7000 berichten
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Berichten: 7274

- SM 2.7 carb
Gepost: 01 december 2019 09:42 AM
  [ # 3 ]

That’s normal. They are only for cold air. Air from outside. If you see the picture you can get only hot air to above the dash and to your feets.

Citroën SM: Ceci n’est pas une voiture…..c’est un art de vivre !!

history: BX gti (2x), BX sport, BX 16V MK2,Xantia 2.0 SX, DS23 pallas injection.

Profiel  

Mr.Rubins
< 100 berichten
Rank

Gepost: 01 december 2019 01:23 PM
  [ # 4 ]

here is photo. Yes one item inside is not moving. I can move only if I put inside hand. How to fix it? I need to take off this part? or from inside car?

Afbeelding Bijlagen
heating1.jpg
Profiel  

Mr.Rubins
< 100 berichten
Rank

Gepost: 01 december 2019 01:26 PM
  [ # 5 ]

My citroens

Afbeelding Bijlagen
auto2.jpg
Profiel  

Mr.Rubins
< 100 berichten
Rank

Gepost: 01 december 2019 01:31 PM
  [ # 6 ]

And how to fix passenger side grille? there is only some air from outside. not hot air. I think there is not connected maybe pipe? how to fix it? I need to take off all panel? How to fix it?

Afbeelding Bijlagen
pasenger_cool.jpg
Profiel  

Penny Lane
> 11000 berichten
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Berichten: 11626

- Xantia TD SX
Gepost: 01 december 2019 01:38 PM
  [ # 7 ]

That’s a lovely pair of Citroëns! The DS sure looks great!

Now, the flaps you have photographed are operated with the sliders below the dashboard vents. The lower slider should operate flap no.1, directing cool air to the feet area; the upper slider should operate flap no. 2 to provide cool air to the main vents in the dashboard. I have a separate ventilation tunnel right beside me now, so I’ll get back with some pictures in a moment…

Edit: pics!

This is the fresh-air-only ventilation tunnel as it sits within the dashboard:

This photo shows the bottom of the fresh-air tunnel with the linkages to the flaps you’ve shown as 1 and 2; no. 1 is controlled by the linkage along the bottom while number 2 is controlled by the linkage to the side of the tunnel

Flap no. 1 shown in ‘open’ position, slider to the left (as viewed on dash):

The linkage is held to the flap with an M5 bolt:

Flap no. 2 in ‘open’ position, upper slider to left (as viewed on dash):

Dividing lines - You can see from the dirt on this tunnel where the foil connection hose goes. The slanted line to the right of that is where the tunnel passes through the firewall of the car. Parts further to the right are inside the car, behind the dashboard.

The easiest problem to fix would be the bolt for the no. 1 flap having become loose or missing, as this can be reached inside the car, under the dash next to the parking brake, without any further disassembly. Anything else that’s gone wrong with these linkages would require removal of the dashboard to inspect and fix.

Derk

Doneer, zo blijven we draaien! 
Een tip voor de kalender? Een bijdrage voor de voorpagina? Schrijf .(JavaScript moet ingeschakeld zijn om dit e-mail adres te bekijken)!

Profiel  

Mr.Rubins
< 100 berichten
Rank

Gepost: 05 december 2019 04:25 PM
  [ # 8 ]

Thanks Derk for detailed info! Super!

Will go to fix it at weekend. hope will be warmer, because I have not heating in barn where I store car in winter.
Yesterday have snow 15 cm in Lettland. Now all is gone. +6

Profiel  

© Citroën-Forum 2003 - 2024 | adverteren
Facebook